Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Stars and Stripes

So lets back up a little. September 25th-27th, I caught the bus down from New York City to Washington, Dc. I spent two days on a hop on hop off tour that took me to 25 amazing sites of Washington.

White House

Washington Memorial

Lincoln Memorial


Capitol Hill

Washington Washington Washington. I have wanted to go to this city for a long time. I have always been a little more interested in America's history than Australia's... so this city was fun to explore. I went to the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, The White House and Capitol Hill. There was the most amazing Cathedral on the top of a hill looking over all of Washington. It is where most Presidents and other important government officials have their funerals. It is also where Martin Luther King preached his last sermon and three days later, had his funeral there. I spent a few hours in this church.. it was amazing... transported me straight to Europe.

A very successful weekend!

No comments: