Monday, January 19, 2009

Season

Season:
Any time or period
To mature, ripen or condition by exposure to suitable conditions or treatments
To accustom or harden
At the right time; opportunely

As the seasons come and go I feel my heart change. Sometimes I can feel it move then other times it creeps apon me and suddenly Im different. Parts of my grow in ways un-imaginable to the mind. I desire to be something, but I find that the more I reach for it, the more it withers. The passion is still there, it just disappears for a time. Or maybe it leaves all together. I don't know. Can love like that just go? or is it stolen perhaps? Maybe I give it away for useless dreams and Harlequin romances?

Trees have seasons; they grow, produce, wither, die down and then are replenished. But do trees have any choice in the matter, or do they merely go through the motions as the weather changes? When they are without leaves......they are still called trees.

I know full well that i am here, where ever I am. It is His perfect timing and I am living proof of the mystery of His love. But me in my ignorance and disobedience, complicates it.Complicates it to the point where it is barely recognisable. Everyday i am learning to be....to be...to just be. Maybe i am being pushed to seek this fulfilment in God. And only God. For this season of heart-ache and solitude, I am not enough. I will never be enough.

I need Him.
And he made it so
He wants me to need Him


'Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him

and the one the Lord loves to rest between His shoulders.'

I need You.

No comments: